Ill Met in Nara'Tel
Humans are the predominant race in Nara’Tel and come from all walks of life. Skin colour ranges from white to black, hair colour ranging from light blond to black. Eye colour is either blue, brown or grey. Humans are the only race that other races can make half-breeds with.
Elves and Half-Elves
Pure elves rarely enter Nara’Tel, but do have trading relations with it. Half-elves are fairly rare and if not the product of a despicable act probably have very adventurous parents.
Elves live in their own villages and towns in the heavily jungled northern reaches of Nara’Tel Island. Half-elves rarely see these as they are generally unwelcome. Half-elves are very noticable as they always carry across the white hair and a tinge of eye colour from their parent.
All elves have pure white hair and skin that ranges from tanned to pale. Their eyes are either a mysterious purple or feral yellow.
Dwarves first came to Nara’Tel 100 years ago to take advantage of the rich mineral deposits. Almost all the mines are owned and operated by dwarves. Male dwarves usually grow thick bushy beards and they are a point of pride for them.
Always the product of an awful union, half-orcs are often pariahs in society and some find themselves more accepted with the savage orc tribes. However, places like Nara’Tel hold much opportunity for a half-orc not willing to sink to such depravity.
One of the more common half-breeds in Nara’Tel. Half-Dwarves usually are slightly shorter than humans, and retain the sturdy build of their dwarven parent. Half-Dwarves attract much less attention than the other half-breeds.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, half-dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Half-Dwarf base land speed is 30 feet. Half-Dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
- Darkvision: Half-Dwarves can see in the dark up to 20 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and half-dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.
- Stability: A half-dwarf gains a +2 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- Dwarven Blood: For all spells and effects relating to race, half-dwarves count as dwarves.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven